PERSONAL AND NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
WHAT IS NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW IS IT COLLECTED AND USED?
Non personal information is information that cannot identify you. If you visit this web site to read information, such as information about one of our services, we may collect certain non-personal information about you from your computer’s web browser. Because non-personal information cannot identify you or be tied to you in any way, there are no restrictions on the ways that we can use or share non-personal information. What is personal information and how is it collected? Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, and fax number. We may collect personal information from you in a variety of ways:
When you send us an application or other form
When you conduct a transaction with us, our affiliates, or others
When we collect information about in you in support of a transaction, such as credit card information
In some places on this web site you have the opportunity to send us personal information about yourself, to elect to receive particular information, to purchase access to one of our products or services, or to participate in an activity.
ARE COOKIES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGIES USED TO COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the CleverProfits websites you visit.
HOW DO YOU USE OUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
CleverProfits may keep and use personal information we collect from or about you to provide you with access to this web site or other products or services, to respond to your requests, to bill you for products/services you purchased, and to provide ongoing service and support, to contact you with information that might be of interest to you, including information about products and services of ours and of others, or ask for your opinion about our products or the products of others, for record keeping and analytical purposes and to research, develop and improve programs, products, services and content.
Personal information collected online may be combined with information you provide to us through other sources We may also remove your personal identifiers (your name, email address, social security number, etc). In this case, you would no longer be identified as a single unique individual. Once we have de-identified information, it is non-personal information and we may treat it like other non-personal information. Finally, we may use your personal information to protect our rights or property, or to protect someone’s health, safety or welfare, and to comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process.
DO YOU SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHERS?
We will not sell, exchange or publish your personal information, except in conjunction with a corporate sale, merger, dissolution, or acquisition. For some sorts of transactions, in addition to our direct collection of information, our third party service vendors (such as credit card companies, clearinghouses and banks) who may provide such services as credit, insurance, and escrow services may collect personal information directly from you to assist you with your transaction. We do not control how these third parties use such information, but we do ask them to disclose how they use your personal information before they collect it.
If you submit a review for a third party (person or business) using our Facebook Fan Review Application, during the submission process we ask your permission to gather your basic information (such as name and email address) which we then share with the third party for whom you are submitting the review. We may be legally compelled to release your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation.
We may cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting web site visitors who violate our rules or engage in behavior, which is harmful to other visitors (or illegal). We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we feel that the disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect someone’s health, safety or welfare, or to comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process. As discussed in the section on cookies and other technologies, from time to time we may allow a third party to serve advertisements on this web site.
HOW IS PERSONAL INFORMATION USED FOR COMMUNICATIONS?
We may contact you periodically by e-mail, mail or telephone to provide information regarding programs, products, services and content that may be of interest to you. In addition, some of the features on this web site allow you to communicate with us using an online form. If your communication requests a response from us, we may send you a response via e-mail. The e-mail response or confirmation may include your personal information. We cannot guarantee that our e-mails to you will be secure from unauthorized interception.
HOW IS PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURED?
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally-identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized personnel and third party vendors have access to your personal information, and these employees and vendors are required to treat this information as confidential. Despite these precautions, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your personal information.
This site contains links to other sites that provide information that we consider to be interesting. CleverProfits is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
This site may provide public discussions on various business valuation topics. Please note that any information you post in these discussions will become public, so please do not post sensitive information in the public discussions. Whenever you publicly disclose information online, that information could be collected and used by others. We are not responsible for any action or policies of any third parties who collect information that users disclose in any such forums on the web site. CleverProfits does not agree or disagree with anything posted on the discussion board. Also remember that you must comply with our other published policies regarding postings on our public forums.
HOW CAN A USER ACCESS, CHANGE, AND/OR DELETE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You may access, correct, update, and/or delete any personally-identifiable information that you submit to the web site. You may also unsubscribe from mailing lists or any registrations on the web site. To do so, please contact email@example.com to remove your information.
CleverProfits will not intentionally collect any personal information (such as a child’s name or email address) from children under the age of 13. If you think that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us.
CALIFORNIA DATA PRIVACY ADDENDUM
This California Data Privacy Addendum (“CDPA”) forms part of the Terms of Conditions available at https://cleverprofits.com/terms/ by and between You and CleverProfits, and its affiliates, pursuant to which you have accessed CleverProfits’ Services as defined in the applicable Agreement.
By agreeing to the Terms of Conditions available at https://cleverprofits.com/terms/, CleverProfits and You hereby agree to comply with the following provisions with respect to any Consumer’s Personal Information:
- “CCPA” means the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 as set forth in California Civil Code § 1798.100 et seq. and as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020, together with the regulations promulgated pursuant thereto, in each case, as amended from time to time.
- “Business,” “Business Purpose,” “Consumer,” “Person,” “Personal Information,” “Sell,” “Service Provider,” and “Third Party” shall have the meanings set forth in the CCPA.
- “Personal Information” means Personal Information (as defined in the Agreement) that constitutes “personal information” under the CCPA.
- All other defined terms shall have the meanings set forth in the Agreement.
- The terms of this CDPA shall take effect on January 1, 2023 and continue on concurrently for so long as CleverProfits processes Consumer’s Personal Information
- The parties agree that You are a “Business” and CleverProfits is your “Service Provider” in relation to this CDPA and CleverProfits’ processing of Personal Information under the Agreement. The parties agree to comply at all times with the provisions of the CCPA applicable to their respective obligations as Business and Service Provider, in respect to the processing of Personal Information;
- The Business Purpose for which CleverProfits is processing Personal Information is to provide You with the agreed Services pursuant to the Agreement and for CleverProfits to perform its obligations and exercise its rights thereunder. The parties agree that Customer is disclosing the Personal Information to CleverProfits only for such limited and specified purposes as described in the Agreement;
- The mandatory contractual rights and restrictions explicitly required to be granted by and imposed on Service Providers under the CCPA as set forth in Cal. Civ. Code §1798.100(d) and Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.140(ag)(1) are hereby deemed granted by and incorporated into this CDPA and CleverProfits agrees to comply with them, provided that Your compliance monitoring rights under Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.140(ag)(1)(D) are limited to those described in Section 2.5;
- Your exercise of your rights described in Section 2.4 shall be at its sole cost and expense. You agree that its right to take reasonable and appropriate steps to help to ensure that CleverProfits uses Personal Information consistent with Your CCPA obligations shall be limited to the right to receive, upon written request, (a) third-party certifications and audit reports on CleverProfits’ security, privacy and architecture or (b) CleverProfits’ responses to industry-standard written audit questionnaires. Assessment of such requests may be carried out by You or an inspection body designated by You that uses an appropriate and accepted control standard or framework and procedure for such assessment and is composed of independent members subject to a duty of confidentiality with respect to information obtained in the course of such assessment. Any such body will provide You with a report of its assessment upon request, which You may use only for compliance purposes and which will constitute confidential information of both parties subject to the confidentiality terms of the Agreement. For the avoidance of doubt no access to any part of CleverProfits’ information technology systems, data hosting sites or centers, or its infrastructure will be permitted as part of such requests. CleverProfits reserves the right to reimbursement from You for the reasonable cost of any time, expenditures or fees incurred in connection with such assistance;
- CleverProfits may hire subcontractors to provide limited services on its behalf, provided that CleverProfits remains responsible for its subcontractors’ compliance with the obligations of this CDPA, and CleverProfits shall ensure that any subcontractors to whom CleverProfits transfers Personal Information will have entered into written agreements with CleverProfits requiring that the subcontractor abide by terms substantially similar to this CDPA; and
- CleverProfits shall reasonably assist You with Your obligation to respond to requests from Consumers to exercise their rights under the CCPA; provided that CleverProfits reserves the right to reimbursement from You for the reasonable cost of any time, expenditures or fees incurred in connection with such assistance.
- Except as expressly provided in this CDPA, the parties intend no amendment or modification of the Agreement or in such other addendum or supplement which may have been signed by the parties.
- Any notice to be provided under this CDPA to You shall be sent via email to the email address associated with Your account.
- This CDPA supplements the terms of the Agreement. In the event of any conflict between this CDPA and the Agreement regarding the processing of Consumers’ Personal Information, the terms of this CDPA shall control.
- If any provision of this CDPA is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to the law, the provision shall be modified by the court and interpreted so as best to accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest extent permitted by law, and the remaining provisions of this CDPA shall remain in full force and effect.
- No waiver under this CDPA will be valid or binding unless set forth in writing and duly executed by the party against whom enforcement of such waiver is sought. Any such waiver will constitute a waiver only with respect to the specific matter described therein and will in no way impair the rights of the party granting such waiver. Any delay or forbearance by either party in exercising any right hereunder will not be deemed a waiver of that right.